In August 2011 the AKC added many more breeds to this list! We welcome American Water Spaniels, Wirehaired Pointing Griffon, Spinone Italiano, German Wirehaired Pointers, German Shorthaired Pointers, Weimeraners, and Vizlas to our sport!
Goals and Objectives of SNRC
- To encourage and promote quality in the breeding and natural abilities, and protect and advance the interests of purebred Retrievers and all other breeds eligible to participate in American Kennel Club (AKC) Retriever Field Trials and AKC Retriever Hunting Tests (referred to herein as “retrievers).
- To encourage and hold Club sponsored events. This may include but is not limited to picnic trials, training days, and exhibitions under Club rules and procedures and the rules and standards of AKC.
- To encourage and promote the training of retrievers for actual hunting and conservation of game and educate handlers, owners, and the public at large in the use and training of hunting retrievers with particular attention to obedience training and the conservation and sound management of wildlife resources.
- To conduct sanctioned and licensed AKC Retriever Field Trials and AKC Retriever Hunting Tests and promote sportsmanlike competition and participation in all events.
- To continuously work to improve the retriever training skills and capabilities of Club members.
- To promote and encourage members to participate in and support AKC licensed Retriever Field Trials and Retriever Hunting Tests as a way to sustain and improve the sport.